Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Chopsticks

The other day I had lunch at Spicy Fish. The young couple sitting at the table next to mine had been speaking in another language the whole time, until my meal arrived and I began to eat, at which point the young man remarked at my chopsticks skills. His companion added that they don't encounter many Australians who can use chopsticks. They both had very thick accents, and I found them difficult to understand, especially when the young fellow started rambling on about the benefits of MSG. I'm not sure if they were tourists or residents, but the fact that they said 'Australians' to imply 'white Australians' was interesting.

Oh, and the missus now has a blog.

Otherwise, I've been listening to The Postmarks, Isobel Campbell, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Edith Frost, and, erm, the Killers.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home