Saturday, August 12, 2006

Microfilm

Headed into the State Library this morning, as I had to scan some more issues of The Age (from April 1915, February 1942, December 1974, and October 2002 - can you guess what significant Australian events occurred at these times?). I had all sorts of troubles with the microfilm readers, but got there eventually. My USB flash-drive was playing up, taking about 2 minutes to save each page. Then I had a quick lunch at Don Don (where the quality is starting to go noticeably downhill - but still, you can't help but love the staff) before coming home and mopping the kitchen and bathroom floors, which leads me to this present point in time. This week, I've been really feeling Galaxie 500's cover of Buffy Sainte Marie's "Moonshot" (from the Peel Sessions). Also getting by on Jackie Mittoo's "After Christmas", John Martyn's "Glory Box", Flower Travellin' Band's "Satori Part II", Talking Heads' More Songs About Buildings and Food LP, Daniel Johnson's "Story of an Artist", and Lloyd Cole's "Perfect Skin". I think it must be whiskey o'clock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home