Thursday, August 31, 2006

Joseph, Bobby, and Lisa

My studies this week have been hindering my following of Australian Idol. I was pleased to see Australian teenage girls have, in their wisdom, voted Joseph Gatehau and Bobby Flynn to stay in the competition. I'm quite liking Joseph's Jonathan Richman-esque innocent teen-blues; songs about gurls and his mum and stuff like that - makes me excited that Spring is arriving. I only saw a few seconds of Bobby's performance of "Under the Milky Way", but it looked interesting, and the missus reckons he's good.

I didn't see any of last night's performers, but my hopes are pinned on Lisa Mitchell, whose effortless naiveté won me over from the outset. I heard that she sang Ben Harper's "Diamonds on the Inside" last night, which I'm not real keen about. I'd love to see her do some Mazzy Star songs. Someone should slip She Hangs Brightly under her door, before she starts mining Jack Johnson's catalogue. We'll find out tonight if she makes it through to the Final 12.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home