Monday, July 31, 2006

Water damage

Some eBay purchases arrived today; a batch of cheap history books. One of the books, Daniel J. Boorstin's The Creators, had significant water-damage on the last 100 pages. This wasn't mentioned in the book's description, and although the book was a bargain, I still feel a tad ripped-off. It's always difficult to know what to do in these situations. One one hand, I want the seller to be aware that the book's condition wasn't described adequately, but on the other, I don't want a refund, as I want to keep the book. UPDATE: I just opened J. R. Hale's Renaissance Europe 1480-1520 and heard (and felt) the spine crack as I did so. This will mean that the pages will eventually start falling out. It's a 1971 paperback, so it's not unexpected.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check this URL:
http://www.restorationsos.com/education/water-damage/recovering-from-water-damage/cleaning-repairing-and-disinfecting/clean-dry-repair-and-disinfect-paper/books.asp

These guys know what to do.

8/11/2006 02:08:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home