Sunday, June 04, 2006

Google Notebook

Google have launched Google Notebook, which looks like a cross between social bookmarking and blogging. It doesn't work in Safari yet, so I'm playing around with it in Firefox. One downside is that it doesn't have tags. The great thing about something like del.icio.us is that I can search for everything tagged, say, "history" or "philosophy" or "melbourne", and see what people are bookmarking. Also, Notebook has no RSS feeds - so if I find an interesting notebook on a particular subject, I can't 'subscribe' to it - I'd have to keep checking in manually. Still, maybe I'm misinterpreting what Notebook is all about. Speaking of things that don't work on Safari, Gnoos is a new search engine specifically for Australian blogs. I'd love to check it out, but it crashes Safari every time. Here's an article from The Age about it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah I've had notebook installed for a while now, I just forget its there. i have plenty of mechanisms already for remarking things that I see on the web, this thing doesn't really have an impact. if i want to bookmark a blog rss feed, or a page I can just delicious it. then it will show up on my web page :D

6/06/2006 02:46:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home