Saturday, May 27, 2006

Update

With the Roman Eastern Frontier subject over, and only an exam remaining for my other subject (next Thursday morning), I've been fairly relaxed lately. Following a late function at work last Thursday evening, I tried to catch the tram home, only to find the mass of soccer fans impenetrable. Instead I managed to meet up with the missus and her family for a late dinner at Cafe Corretti on Lygon Street. Good pizza. On Friday I had lunch at Spicy Fish Restaurant again, this time trying their titular 'spicy fish'. I think I overestimated my spice threshold, but I made it through to the end, with the help of an icy cold Coke. Dinner at Matsumoto around the corner from home. We'd never tried this Japanese place before, yet plenty of other had, as we were lucky to score a table. Lately been enjoying the Ethiopiques series, Soul Jazz's Tropicalia comp., Os Mutantes, gamelan orchestra comps from Nonesuch Explorer and Smithsonain Folkways, and I'm keen to check out the latest Concretes and Ekkehard Ehlers releases in the coming week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home