Saturday, May 20, 2006

Spicy Fish

I had a pretty good lunch at Spicy Fish Restaurant yesterday. Diced chicken with chilli and peanuts, Szechuan style, for only $8. Considering the blandness that comes from a foodcourt bain-marie for the same price, I think I've found a new menu to explore on my Fridays in the city. I spent the evening at a friend's house who had recently returned from 5 weeks in Nepal. She had set her digital camera to auto-shutter-release, and captured in stop-motion style, the streets of Kathmandu from the back of a rickshaw. We pass cows, children playing, street markets, and smiling faces. And then UN vehicles, and army trucks, and soldiers. And people, arms linked, placards hung around their necks. She had arrived at the beginnings of the protests which brought down King Gyanendra. Then we drank duty-free Tanqueray and played Katamari Damacy for the rest of the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home