Friday, September 30, 2005

VCE subject choices

A report by the Australian Council for Educational Research highlights the importance of choosing the right VCE subjects.
Some subject choices appeared to be "dead ends" for many students, the study found. "Students who choose subjects at year 12 level without some thought as to the ramifications of such choices may find themselves unable to participate in further education and in a very vulnerable position in the labour force," [the report] stated.
When I was in year 10, I had no idea about what sort of career I wanted. I think it's even harder for kids today. The world gets increasingly confusing, and the structure of the labour market follows suit. In fact, I blame my indecision in late high school for my current situation; 32 years old and still trying to find my feet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home